Monday 10 March 2014

First Conditional

If : First Conditional


We use the first conditional to talk about actions or events in the future which are likely to happen or have a real possibility of happening.
The First Conditional has two parts:

1. Condition Part(If ...): We use only present simple in this part. Example: If I go...; If he goes...
2. Result Part (will ...): We use 'will + verb' to talk about the result.


If it rains tomorrow, I will stay at home.

-- I think there is a real possibility of rain tomorrow. In this condition, I will stay at home

If my father doesn't buy me a bike for my

 birthday, I will be very unhappy.

-- I think there is a real possibility that my father won't buy me a bike. In this condition, I will be unhappy. 


Look at these pictures and read the first conditional  statements. 


                Result part: I will go to Switzerland.

                Condition Part: If I save enough money


         Solve these and scroll down to check the answers:








Notice that you may start your statement with the condition part (If ...) or with the result part. However, if you start with the word 'If"(condition part), you will need a comma between the two parts.




Click on these links for First Conditional:


What is there in a First Conditional?



First Conditional link online Practice Link 1:

First Conditional link online Practice Link 2:

First Conditional link online Practice Link 3:

First Conditional link online Practice Link 4:

First Conditional link online Practice Link 5:


Check your score! 
                


No comments:

Post a Comment