Saturday 4 March 2017

Welcome to Al Dhafra Grade 6 English Blog - Test Revision

Welcome to Al Dhafra Grade 6 Blog!
 
All the best for the test!







Colon (:)
                    
 A colon is stronger than a comma or a semicolon. 

A colon should not be confused with a semicolon.  A colon is much stronger.  
Use a colon in time expressions:

     It is 2:30
 

The colon separates a sentence with two independent clauses whereby the second clause explains the first:

   I have everything I need to go swimming: I’m just waiting on my instructor to take me. 

Use a colon at the beginning of a list or title:

       Mahra only has one friend: Shamsa.

 After salutations or in business letters:
  1.  Dear Mr. Abdulla:        
  2.  To:        
  3.   Subject:
 
Colon Worksheet (Answers included):
 
 
 
Colons Worksheet2 by Safia Haroon Rasheed on Scribd
v align="left">

Play Colons and Semicolons Jeopardy

 
Games





More resources to be added soon!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment